In June 2019, we went on a little workation in Corsica with a part of our family and dedicated some of our time to shot a drone video of Saint-Cyprien bay – Corsica. We stayed in the marvelous Saint-Cyprien bay and enjoyed working under the early-summer sun of Corsica.
The water was still pretty cold, but it was perfect for water-skiing with our friends from Le Ponton and paragliding in the bay, as well as shooting drone videos after long working hours spent on the computer looking with envy at the beach.
This was our second drone video after the one shot in Iceland. We had then more experience with the DJI Mavic pro 2 drone, notably with the photography and the follow-mode, however we found it still pretty complicated to follow someone water-skiing staying on the boat, and landing it is even more complicated.
While shooting the video, we particularly enjoyed playing with the lights of sunrise and sunset, especially as the bright sky of June did not render very-well on our videos (we learnt then that special sunlights filters existed and were meant to be used for very-sunny and brights conditions) – our best shot in this video of Saint-Cyprien bay, in our opinion, was the woman paddling in the sunset.
Our quick-favorite top 5 lists of activities in Saint-Cyprien and its area :
- Water-skiing with the Le Ponton Corse (35 € for 1 or 320 € for 10 sessions) – if you have your drone it is a great activity to improve your skill by following up your companions while trying not to sink your machine.
- Eating a tartare in Le Cabanon Bleu when the music is not too noisy. If you are coming by boat, they will come and pick you up in the bay in front of the restaurant.
- Canyoning with Corsica Canyon (40 € per person) – a memorable day in the beautiful canyon of the nearby « Aiguille de la Bavella ».
- Kayaking on the bay : you can rent a Kayak for 20 € directly on the beach for a couple of hours, preferable on sunset or sunrise to have the best temperature.
- Paragliding with Sensation Airline (80 € for 10 minutes) for a memorable trip overlooking at the bay, sharing the same view as the drone with extra sensation.