When we planned to visit Costa Rica, we wanted to make a Costa Rica video. Unfortunately, as our drone was broken after a couple of little accidents, we were really sad not to have it with us to shot the gorgeous landscapes of Costa Rica.
Finally, we ended up using our newly acquired DJI Osmo Pocket and DJI Action very often, which enabled us to film many great memories of our trip to look back at once the video was edited. Our Costa Rica video is therefore our first video filmed from the ground!
If you like our Costa Rica video, do not hesitate to join our youtube channel for more drone videos and travel videos!
Our itinerary during our 3 weeks in Costa Rica
Also detailed in the video – those are the main stops we made and that you can see in our Costa Rica video:
- La Fortuna – Arenal
- Santa Teresa
- Manuel Antonio
- Corcovado National Park (Carate)
What we used to shot our video in Costa Rica
- DJI Osmo Pocket – We got it last winter and we really started to use it in Costa Rica during this trip. We were super satisfied with what we got: For the price and size (quite important when backpacking around), the Osmo pocket gives you a great quality for amateur videos. When moving around or walking, it will provide a much better result than the iPhone 11 Pro.
- DJI Osmo Action – We often do activities such as rafting, canyoning and we were always super sad not to be able to film anything with our phones, so we bought the Osmo Action. We are very happy with what we are getting.
- iPhone 11 Pro – Some static videos where shot with Alexandra’s iPhone 11 Pro. The quality of the video is really amazing, however as soon as you move, it’s not stabilised at all. It was pretty useful to be ready to shot anything at anytime, but nothing you can compare to the Osmo Pocket when you are moving.
For the part with animals in Corcovado, we were actually filming with the iPhone the guide’s telescope. Alexandra was not convinced about the result but the quality is pretty decent. Later on, we also watched online some amazing videos shot the same way. So if you do not own this extra big zoom or a super expensive camera, don’t be sad, it may not even be needed!
- iMovie: Our favourite software so far to edit video. It is very beginner friendly and use by many other other bloggers. It’s probably a very good first choice to edit videos if you have a macbook.
We were so lucky with our trip to Costa Rica. We came back and lockdown started only a week after. Then, we had few months to think about our trip and how wonderful it was. We still recommend it to everyone. Very expensive, yes, but very worthy !